What causes vomiting, diarrhea and exhaustion post consumption of cabbage?
Sounds more like food infection or food poisoning.
Hello and welcome,
I'm sorry you were so sick. While a food allergy can cause vomiting and diarrhea, more common allergic reactions are swollen lips, tongue, and throat. Or hives. And the vomiting/diarrhea from a food allergy would usually be more immediate - not requiring time which is more typical of food toxins or infection.
The symptoms you described are more typical of food borne illness (food toxin also known as food poisoning, or from food infection). A salad, especially if it had eggs or mayonnaise in it, would be the more likely culprit.
XXXXXXX is in the cruciferous family, and these vegetables tend to be somewhat resistant to bacterial contamination, but not always. Cooking will eliminate most bacteria.
I hope this information helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes consistent diarrhea
- What causes instant diarrhea
- What causes violent diarrhea
- What causes acid diarrhea
- What causes continuous diarrhea
- What could cause bleeding of the bowelconstipation diarrhea and vomiting
- What are the causes of prolonged diarrhea
- What can cause diarrhea
- Cause of vomiting and diarrhea in baby
- What causes watery diarrhea post hospital stay