What causes vomiting after every feed?

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Child Health
Question: my child is an year old and has been suffering from some sort of stomach problem. ...He has been vomiting as soon as we feed him anything...last time he had chicpeas....can u suggest something for this
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hyperactive gag reflex

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Health care magic.

I have gone through your question and understand your concern. It does not appear to be due to some digestive problem but rather due to hyperactive gag reflex. Hyperactive gag reflex is the body's response to the stimulation of soft palate or posterior pharynx. Every one has a gag, but it becomes a problem when an individual finds it difficult to eat certain foods or perform certain activity. It is a very common feeding disorder among children. The remedy lies in using some anesthesitic spray to numb the pharynx and thus numb the gag reflex.

The following link could be useful for you:
http://pediatricfeedingnews.com/hypersensitive-gag-reflex-and-pediatric-feeding-delays-by-donna-scarborough-ph-d-ccc-slp-bcs-s-miami-university-oxford-oh-scarbodmuohio-edu/