question-icon

What causes vibrating sensations in thigh while standing, sitting and lying down?

Posted on Fri, 29 May 2015
Question: I keep getting a vibration in my thigh - I could be standing, sitting and lying down. Why is this happening?
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (5 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Several possible causes

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HCM.
There are several possible causes and most of it is benign.
It may be caused by low values of some nutrients such as vitamin D and B12, magnesium or calcium. SO it would be good to include these supplements in your diet. Second it can be caused by some metabolic causes such as diabetes or alcoholism and at last, it can be caused by some more serious neurologic conditions so you should see neurologist if this persists. wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon