What causes very minimal free fluid in the peritoneal cavity and interbowel loops?
I would like to get a repeat USG done after two week
Thanks for asking to heathcaremagic
The incidental finding of very minimal free fluid in the peritoneal cavity and interbowel loops may be due to the inflammation of the intestine due to the infection or due to loss of protein in the stool causing retention of fluid.
I won't get overly worried if there is no other associated symptoms like frequent loose motions or persistent long duration low grade fever.
I would suggest you to get a repeat USG done after two weeks to see whether the collection of fluid get resolved.Keep him hydrated well by giving plenty of fluids and follow the advise of your physician.
I shall be glad to answer if you have any more queries.
Very satisfied by your explanation...
Will repeat the scan after two weeks and give plenty of fluids.
Thanks for follow up
Thanks for follow up and it is my pleasure that you gave value to my opinion.I request you to close the discussion if you don't have any further query and rate it.
Will be more than glad to help you in future.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Free fluid accumelated in abdominal cavity cause
- What causes traces of free fluid in pod
- Free fluid accumulate in abdominal cavity cause
- Fluid in pleural cavity causes
- What is causing trapped wind in my chest cavity
- Is leakage from colon into peritoneal cavity possible
- No spillage into the right peritoneal cavity
- Causes of fluid in endometrial cavity
- Causes of minimal free fluid in pod
- What causes pigmentation in the oral cavity