What causes varicose veins and spider veins?
What varicose veins are and how to resolve this problem.
Thanks for asking this query on healthcaremagic.
I'm Dr. Neel Kudchadkar and I will help you now.
The cause of varicose and spider veins.
Varicose veins develop because of problems in the valves controlling easy blood flow in your affected limb. The spider veins you are speaking of are called telangiectasias, medically speaking. Varicose veins also develop due to aging, menopause, obesity in some people. Furthermore certain professions demand prolonged periods of standing, leg injuries contribute to this too. Furthermore, straining of the abdominal area (the stomach) can cause this condition. The spider veins usually develop alongside varicose veins.
How you can recover from varicose veins.
The treatment for varicose veins can be surgical or non surgical.
Laser therapy helps. Foam sclerotherapy is a very good treatment for this condition too.And in some hospitals, ablation can be used.
Things that can you can do to relieve your problems include keeping the limb elevated, using compression stockings, Ibuprofen and aspirin are proven medications for this condition too.
Kindly feel free to ask any further doubts.
You can contact me at www.bit.ly/askdrneel
Take this diet and these supplements. Also do this and you'll be OK...
Dear XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
You have presented me with a very good question. The condition that you have is due to valves, just like valves in a pump, say for bicycle tyres. These valves do
not function and cause accumalation of blood in the veins, thus by common sense and reason, causing them to swell and giving the appearance of varicose veins, thus in these conditions, one can get spider telangectasia's also. "The spider's".
Here I would recommend that the best of all, as regards, changing your diet and
perhaps taking some supplements, would be to take a diet rich in "antioxidants".
What are these "antioxidant's"?
* Fresh green vegetables.
* Fresh fruits, particularly citrus fruits, like lemons and oranges.
* Fruit juices like watermelon, and cranberry juice in particular.
* Keeping your diet rich in vegetables rather than meats with their fat.
The answer to your second smart question is that no... it isn't due to poor circulation, but rather due to an overcirculation in those veins. Naturally, it
would have to be an overcirculation (not a cardiac high output state). because
it takes a lot of blood volume to cause swollen veins.
ALSO please do not worry about poor circulation, because if you google or bing
these keywords on the 'net you'll be confronted with a whole host of images,
showing gangrene that is rather caused by things like frostbite, and excessive
smoking (+40 cigarettes a day).
So you probably are feeling all better and on your way to recovery.
And remember to get some compression stockings.
That is more practical than than changing your diet, at least so far as varicose
veins and "spider's" are concerned.
Feel free to ask more questions, if you wish, of course.
Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Varicose veins what causes them
- Problems caused by varicose veins
- What causes varicose veins of the foreskin
- Bulged varicose vein causes
- What causes varicose veins under the tounge
- What causes varicose vein of penis
- Varicose veins face cause
- Varicose veins cause numbness
- Chronic varicose veins causes
- Varicose vein symptoms and causes
- Can HIV be contracted through unsterilized syringe usage and contact...
- What causes headache and acidity?
- Is HPV contracted through oral sex?
- What causes pain in the hair roots?
- What causes nausea while lying down flat?
- What causes swelling near temple with extreme pain?
- What causes burning sensation on face,legs,arms and mild nausea?
- Suggest treatment for aphasia
- Suggest treatment for scorpion bite and associated allergies
- How many grams of fat per meal can a person normally digest?