What causes vaginal soreness?

Question
Hello, I am 37 weeks and 1 day pregnant I have been having vaginal soreness for the past few days. I assume it might be from the cervix check I received 3 days ago but I just want to make sure it feels as if I have worked it out and it is now sore. What could it be?
Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No worries just topical care

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
Complaints like this are almost normal phenomenon in the last phases of pregnancy as you are almost there and any moment now from 38 to 40 weeks is the time.also digital manipulation like cervix assessment in your case is itself the possible etiology for this soreness. But don't worry. Just apply some topical hypoallergenic hygiene gels and do the kegel and lamaze exercises and hope for the best.these issues are not a big deal at your stage of gestation. Just watch out for any odd complain like increasing vaginal discharge or blood etc in which case rushing to the obstetric facility would be advised. Right now all clear.just some topical care and wait and see for the labor.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX

Follow-up: What causes vaginal soreness? 2 minutes later
I do have increased vaginal discharge so whst could that mean?

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get assessed

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back to me
Increased vaginal discharge at this phase can mean an infection of a genital tract or a leakage in amniotic fluid any ways worth visit to obstetrician at earliest convenience to prevent any mishappenings. You may have a baby coming in next 48 hours.
Good luck XXXXXXX