What causes vaginal bleeding after intercourse?

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Women's Health
Question: hi

I had an intercourse with my gf it was the first time ,she is having bleeding since then and it is almost 12 hrs

she getting weak as well ,what to do?any medicine or any homely cure that can be taken plz suggest
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
possibly a hymen rupture or clitoris tear..

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

After going through the history given by you, It seems she had a possibility of Hymen rupture or it may be a small tear in clitoris during the sexual act.

But as per the history , she was having tiredness which indicates there is much of blood loss. Such a amount of blood loss usually happens when there is a damage to the artery. So I highly suggest you to better consult a Gynaec doctor to manage in a better way. If it's a damage to the artery , we should have to ligate it to stop the bleeding. Until you consult your doctor, apply some pressure with a sanitary pad to prevent excessive blood loss.

If you need any further information, get back to me . I will be helpful.

regards,
DR.SIVAYOGI VENKAT M.D
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 30 minutes later
She was saying it was a bit stopped yesterday evening ,but when she woke up in the morning it was again flowing she also said that some skin particles were also present .

do u still think it could be artery ?do we have to undergo any operation for is the artery is damaged?

She is also saying is it possible to have periods early ?she had last cycle started on 31st jan???
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs further evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Welcome Back,

If the bleeding is completely stopped means you can relax, but if it's coming and going means definitely she needs to be evaluated properly to know the exact cause. unless you get examined its difficult to judge whether the artery is still bleeding or not.

About second thing, there is NO relation between the present situation and the coming periods.

Dr. Venkat Sivayogi