What causes urge to urinate?

Question
I am suffering from stomach problem , all the time i feel that i ll have to go to toilet, in a day i go to toilet 4- 5 times , but the sensation is always there.i am taking Rifaximin 200 twice a day for last four days and Rabeprazol D 20 twice a day. Pl guide me. XXXXXX
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
some. more information

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
I would like know more details about your problem.
Is there any pain abdomen?
Is there mucus in stools?
Is there any altered bowel habit?
please answer for best possible service.

Follow-up: What causes urge to urinate? 1 hour later
No there is no mucus, there is no pain but stomach is heavy and when i push it burping starts. There is no altered bowl habits

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
anticholinergic drugs might help

Detailed Answer:
From your symptoms, it seems like irritatable bowel. You need to restrict on high protein and fat diet, keep away from food that aggravates the problem. You can also try some anticholinergic drugs like clidinium. Your local doctor will know about this medication.

In addition regular consultation with a gastroenterologist will be of definite helpful. I would suggest you to consider that.

All the best.

Follow-up: What causes urge to urinate? 59 minutes later
Can i take Librax ? Tomorrow Rifaximin 200 dose will be over. I forgot to tell you that my gall bladder has been removed.

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
yeah, a good option.

Detailed Answer:
yes librax is a good choice. You have to take it for at least three months for better symptom relief. You can also try a pro biotic like sporlac ds.
All the best.