What causes upper jaw and gums pain?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Dental Health
Question: greetings sir, I am having pain on upper jaw gun.. near to last 2 tooth of upper jaw. please suggest pain killer
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Diclofenac/ibuprofen, consult oral physician

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query.
As far as the pain in the gums is concerned, it can be because of the gum infection or tooth infection.
Nothing to be panic, consult a oral physician and get it evaluated. Mean while I would start pain killers like diclofenac or ibuprofen (if you are not allergic and sensitive). But these drugs are temporary solution.
Once the diagnosis is confirmed, it can be treated with scaling or root canal treatment.

I hope I have answered your query. Take care.
If any queries are there reply me back.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 3 days later
Dear Sir,

can you please suggest some gel for relief. Even, if I take cold/warm water it's paining heavily on last two tooth of upper jaw.

Kind Regards,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
ketorol, gel will not help

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the reply.
The pain cannot be reduced or relieved by any gel. So you can take analgesics like ketorol 10mg. Please note that this is a prescription drug. Please get it prescribed by your doctor. This will reduce the pain within 10min. But you need to get the tooth treated, till then you can take these medicines. I hope I have answered your query. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery