What causes upper abdominal pain while breathing?
Please give details and post actual reports if done
Thanks for your query.
To recapitulate: Female/53 - steady achy pain - middle of stomach - hurts worse in the morning - deep breathing is painful - visited a Doctor - prescribed oxycodone - does not want to take - knows it is not acid reflux...
Please give additional information for me to assist you better:
- Since when is the pain present?
- Please specify the exact area of pain?
- Is it under the ribs?
- Any associated symptoms of nausea, bloating, vomiting, change in bowel habits?
- What was the opinion of your Doctor and is only Oxycodone prescribed?
- Any investigations?
With the short history you have provided this looks to be one of the following:
- Costochondritis as the pain increases on deep breathing.
- Or can be related to some internal organ inflammation like gall bladder or so wherein there is increase in pain during deep breathing.
Please give additional information so that we can discuss further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes chest pain while breathing with palpitations
- Pain while breathing causes
- Causes of upper abdominal pain
- Snus causing upper abdominal pain
- What causes upper abdominal pain and fever
- What causes pain while breathing
- What causes left sided pain while breathing
- What are the causes for chronic upper abdominal pain
- What causes right sided upper abdominal pain
- What causes upper abdominal pain and rectal bleeding