What causes upper abdominal pain, diarrhea and excessive belching after eating?
You may need antibiotics and stool analysis
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.
Based on the history you have shared, you may need to have stool analysis and baseline infection markers and investigations like complete blood counts and liver and renal functions as well as electrolytes to rule out any affects of Chronic diarrhea.
Chronic diarrhea work up may include colonoscopy but at this moment it may not be needed. However a detailed follow up with a gastroenterologist is needed and to discuss for antibiotics like ciprofloxacin alongwith metronidazole and probiotics to treat any infective cause.
Meanwhile for associated symptoms drotavarine can be continued alongwith OTC analgesics like acetaminophen for pain or spasms. Antacids like omperazole or ranitidine before meals may also be needed.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of upper abdominal pain
- Snus causing upper abdominal pain
- What causes upper abdominal pain and fever
- Upper abdominal pain after eating help
- What are the causes for chronic upper abdominal pain
- Upper abdominal pain and belching
- What causes right sided upper abdominal pain
- Upper abdominal pain after eating left side
- Upper abdominal pain after eating mcdonalds
- What causes upper abdominal pain and rectal bleeding