What causes unusual pigmentation on hands after being exposed to chemicals?
it appeared overnight and has lasted for over a week.
it is on both hands in multiple places.
I have not injured my hands or been exposed to any chemicals.
it has not grown or changed at all. I am 24 years old, 5'6" and 105 lbs.
kindly give following details
Hello. Welcome to healthcaremagic.com.
I have read your query. I have seen the attached photographs also.
I understand your concern.
It Seems that you have developed the pigmentation gradually but it was noticed spontaneously. I would like to know following details:
1) was there pigmentation earlier also or it actually developed overnight?
2) is it itchy or asymptomatic?
3) what is your occupation?
4) do you cook food or do kitchen work also?
5) similar pigmentation anywhere else on the body?
Kindly reply to my questions so that I can help you to my best.
1) there was no pigmentation at all whrn I went to bed and the next morning it was fully present.
2)it is not itchy of painful at all
3) I work at home from computer
4) I do cook sometimes but have not burned myself.
5) nowhere else except both hands
also, it is not raised or blistered at all.
also, it appears to be getting darker the last two or three days but has not gotten any bigger
Acropigmentation of Dohi is one of the possibility
Hello. Welcome back.
As per details, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is a condition of skin called Acropigmentation of Dohi. It has genetic predisposition also.
In this condition, hyperpigmented patches develop involving acral parts of body involving both hands. It is an asymptomatic condition which gets aggravated by sun exposure.
Skin biopsy is done to confirm the diagnosis.
Strict sun protection is advisable. It is otherwise untreatable condition yet moderate potency topical steroids can be tried for lightening of pigmentation.
I will advise you to visit your doctor so that he can examine you and order tests for you.
You can share my opinion with him.
I hope I am able to solve your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes loss of pigmentation
- What causes hand pain after a gym workout
- What causes pigmentation marks
- What causes lips pigmentation
- What are the causes of wet hands
- What causes vibration in hands after stopping drinking
- What causes numbness in hands and legs after a thyroidectomy
- What causes swelling of hands after angioplasty
- What causes pigmentation
- What is the cause of unusual fatigue