What causes unexplained painful dry swelling in face in the morning?
Allergic skin response
I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
I have seen the attached picture.
You surely have swelling in the periorbital region .
We need to find the cause for such a presentation.
Kindly provide me certain details so that we can find the probable cause .
Have you been putting any eye drops recently ?
Did you use any new face wash or cosmetics over face ?
Are you currently on any medicines ,or did you take any pain killers or antibiotics?
Any fever,sore throat,urine or abdominal complaints .
I am sure I will be able to help you better once you provide me the above details.
Dr Geetika Paul
I can see that you have developed the allergy to the moisturiser most probably .
Right now ,it is important that you completely stop applying anything over the face .
Apply a mild topical steroid cream like cortisone over the affected areas twice daily for three days .
Take some oral antihistamines along to bring down the allergy .
Avoid using any harsh face wash or things like dettol over face .
Use a sunscreen while going out.
The reaction should subside in three to four days .
However ,if it tends to persist or increase ,see your local doctor .
Dr Geetika Paul
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in jaws and swelling in face
- What causes pain and swelling on feet
- What causes pain and swelling in legs
- What causes swelling and pain in the clitoris
- What causes swelling and pain on the perineum
- Pain in the genitals with swelling what is causing this
- What are the causes for swelling in face and eyes
- What are the causes for pain and swelling in toes
- What causes water retention in body causing swelling
- What causes swelling and pain in the testicles