What causes tingling sensation in the legs after tooth extraction?

Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

Posted on Fri, 31 Mar 2017 in Dental Health
Question: I had my upper left wisdom tooth extracted about 30 hours ago. Doctor prescribed hydrocodon, ibeprofen and amoxicillin. I looked up the side effects an none alarming. About 3 hours ago after my pain medication started wearing down, my leg started tingling and I feel a nerve like pain going down my leg. The leg problem is on the same side as the extraction. The doctor gave me three doses of local anesthetic before pulling the tooth. My blood pressure is slightly lower than normal but no alarming. What could be causing this symptom?? Please help!
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
not related to tooth extraction or medication

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query.
As far as the tingling sensation in the legs is concerned, it is not related to the tooth extraction nor the medications. The causes for tingling sensation in the legs can be because sitting in the same posture for long time or any injury to nerve. So consult a general physician and get it evaluated.
I hope I have answered your query. If you have any queries reply me back. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D