What causes tingling sensation around the wrist after consuming alcohol?
Due to dehydration.
Thanks for posting your query.
Tingling sensation after a heavy drinking episode is likely to be due to vitamin B 12 deficiency, poor nutrition and an electrolyte imbalance. It could be because of dehydration or electrolyte /salt imbalance (i.e. sodium, potassium, etc.) This is more likely when excessive quantities of alcohol is consumed. Alcohol is a diuretic (i.e. increases excretion of water) and hence can cause both dehydration and salt loss / imbalance.
So, I would advise you to cut down on your drinking and also avoid large binges. You should also keep yourself adequately hydrated and take food at regular intervals. (Large quantities of alcohol can prevent the absorption of essential nutrients from your stomach and intestines, thereby resulting in certain vitamin deficiencies also) If you are drinking more, then I would suggest that you consult a doctor and take appropriate medication.
If you feel that you are finding it difficult to cut down or control your drinking, then please don't hesitate to seek professional help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling sensation over spleen area
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes tingling sensation in head
- What causes tingling sensation in penis after having sex
- What causes tingling sensation on face
- What could be the cause for tingling sensation inside ears
- What causes pain and tingling sensation in hands
- Tingling sensation in arm finger what could be the cause
- What causes tingling sensation and numbness in hands and arms
- Getting tingling sensation in foot what is causing this