• question-icon

    What causes the breasts to grow along with soreness in a male?

Posted on Thu, 27 Jul 2017 in Women's Health
Question: my breasts have started to grow is it normal for them to be sore? and is there and thing i can stop them being sore?

my left breast is growing bigger than my right and is more sore. they started growing around 2 weeks ago and are big enough to see through my clothing
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most likely Gynecomastia .

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .

* Clinically it is Gynecomastia .

* It is not normal for everyone at 34 , there is no medicines to stop it .
Surgery is an option to correct in selected cases after in depth evaluation .

Kindly provide further details for better understanding of the case .

1. Both breasts have grown similar size , what extent , duration , progress , pain .
2. Other systemic symptoms noticed with that if any .

Awaiting for your response .

Regards .

Brief Answer:
Ultrasound of both breasts suggested .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the details .

* Recommend to get an ultrasound report of both breasts .

* Can upload a high resolution photograph of both breasts for evaluation if
possible and no objection .

Regards .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Answered by
Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel

General Surgeon

Practicing since :1999

Answered : 15655 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Gynecomastia

doctor1 MD

hi doctor ! i am 21 yrs, male and i have very less beard as if i am 15 yrs old... and even i look like a 15 yrs old boy... i masturbated a lot......

doctor1 MD

I am 15 years old and have gynecomastia. I am an athlete and I am constantly working out. I have had it for about 2 years and it has made doing a...

doctor1 MD

Hi i am a 21 year old engineering student in hyderabad. i weigh 85 kgs. But my chest is very large compared to my arms i feel. I think i might be...

doctor1 MD

Hello ! I am a 20 year old male & I have gynecomastia. I have went through articles & pictures of gynecomastia so I am sure about my case. It...

doctor1 MD
doctor1 MD

Hi. I'm considering taking trenbolone acetate (briefly) to increase protein uptake for muscle development. I understand that, as long as I limit it...

doctor1 MD

I need some over the counter medicines for A Gynacomotia? What medicines will you recommend?

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

180 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel
  • Q - What causes pain and pressure in the rectum?

  • Q - What causes constant urge to urinate?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for IBS

  • Q - Suggest treatment for fever, headaches and shortness of breath

  • Q - Suggest treatment for left sided abdominal pain

  • Q - What causes burning sensation in the penis?

  • Q - What causes burning sensation in the throat?

  • Q - What causes urinary hesitancy in public toilets?

  • Q - What causes numbness in both hands?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for loose stools