• question-icon

What causes tendinitis?

Posted on Wed, 6 May 2015 in Back Pain
Question: I am having a lot of problem with my shoulder for past 1 year almost, a few days while I was swimming, the pain suddenly got increased. Kindly guide, how to go ahead on this ?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
May be tendinitis.

Detailed Answer:

Hi
Thanks for your query

I'm Dr Sudhir Kumar

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. I think you are having tendinitis of one of tendon of shoulder ( mostly long head of biceps) as your pain increase much by activity and it is common in your age. MRI of shoulder joint is helpful to confirm it and exclude other causes. In tendinitis rest to shoulder is helpful in relieving pain. You can take analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. Vitamin B and C is helpful. In my clinical practice I found very good result with injection of triamcilone locally in tendon sheath.
You can start with rest to shoulder and analgesic.If pain decreases then well otherwise you can visit local orthopedician for clinical evaluation and triamcilone injection and /or MRI and further treatment.

You can discuss with your doctor about it.

Hope your query get answered. If you have any clarification then I will be happy to help you.

Wishing you a good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 12 hours later
Thanks for your advice sir.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is OK. Wishing you a good health.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome back
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
https://www.bit.ly/askdrsudhirortho

Wishing you good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Orthopaedic Surgeon