• question-icon

What causes swollen vein in wrist?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in General Health
Question: I just got home and noticed a vein on the inside of my wrist is swollen as big as a pencil. There's no pain. Just a feeling of tightness. Should I get it checked out
It is sore when I press it. Like a burning feeling.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing worrisome, possible tendinitis...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back my dear,

I have gone through the photos you provided and I admit it was difficult for me to notice the swollen area, I noted a bit redness on that part.

From what I noted, it is the local tendons to get inflamed (tendonitis)perhaps due to accidental sprain . I do not see anything worrisome. Take paracetamol or ibuprofen and apply cold compresses locally(not ice) for today.

By Tomorrow, if it is better (I am sure it will hopefully) apply alternating warm and cold compresses and continue taking paracetamol or ibuprofen.

If not better, see your physician for further evaluation.

Wish fast recovery!
If no more questions, please do not forget to close this discussion.
Dr.Albana
Dr. Albana Sejdini