What causes swollen testicle?

Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist

Posted on Mon, 14 Apr 2014 in General Health
Question: 51 year old male, Right testicle swollen size of large egg after hitting motorcycle tank when body slid forward after wheelie. Testicle hurt for 5 minutes not severe enough to stop riding, then sore afterwards. No bruising at all. It just swelled up later that night. It has been a week now and no real pain to speak of swelling has decreased slightly but still have one very large testicle. No blood in urine, sex is not painful. testicle still a little sore to touch, but don't even notice it walking. Last two days pain has been decreased to not noticing it while walking. Only the swelling has me worried. Pain has been decreasing over the week, as in how sore it is to touch.
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: clinical examination will help. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, I would advise that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated by a surgeon to rule out hydrocele. You can take painkiller like Ibuprofen twice daily after meals along with serratipeptidase and Omeprazole 40mg once a day. Swelling persists for long duration. Surgical intervention can be helpful. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. R.A. Singh 20 hours later
Thank you for your help. I think you gave good advise with such limited knowledge. I am certain it is hydrocele, as it does have a smooth texture and feels like a water balloon. I can also push the top in about a inch and it is just liquid. I have read of the two procedures, surgery to remove the water sack, and draining, and the possible complications of each. I have also read many say it will go away by itself and that it could be like this for 6 months. Unless it is so large it is bothering me. Any other advise will be useful XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 6 hours later
Brief Answer: a clinical examination will help further. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your response. I would advise that you should get yourself clinically examined and if needed go for surgical treatment. I hope this answers your query. If you have any further doubts, please mention. Regards. Thanks.