What causes swollen cluster of veins on lower back?
It could be hemangioma, either capillary or venous
Hi...thank you for consulting in Health Care Magic. I appreciate your concern. By what you quote I understand that it might be in the center or slightly to the periphery. There are 2 possibilities here in this order...
1. Capillary hemangioma
2. Venous hemangioma
These are my suggestions as of now. Coming to your query about what a hemangioma is...as you have aptly suggested it is a cluster of blood vessels... It could be either veins or capillaries. But usually they will mist certainly decrease as age progresses & disappear ultimately. But all thus depends on size/ site/ color/ gradually increasing or decreasing in size and current age of the baby. I suggest you get back to me with these details. I also suggest you send me over the images of the cluster of blood vessels you are mentioning on this website. In that way I can be most certain of what it is. I always tell even my post graduates that skin & eye conditions should always be diagnosed only after visual confirmation. Hope my answer was helpful for you. Happy to help anytime. Further clarifications and consultations on Health Care Magic are welcome.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What gastro problems cause lower back pain
- What causes swollen and lumpy veins on back of arm
- Purple vein causing pain in lower back
- What causes lower back ache
- Causes of visible veins on lower back
- What causes a ticklish lower back
- What causes a visible dent in the lower back?
- What causes brusing on lower back
- What causes prominent blue vein on the back
- What causes lower back spasms
- What causes recurrent cold,cough and high fever in a child?
- What should be Neozeet dosage for cold and cough in a child?
- What causes swelling and redness on eyelid after taking Desonide?
- What causes an indentation on upper back?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea in an infant
- Does black molds in house during pregnancy cause any complication?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection of in groin area
- What causes swollen cluster of veins on lower back?
- What causes diarrhea with vomiting?
- What causes low appetite after stomach infection?