What causes swollen and sore little finger?

Dr. Ashish Verma

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am a 67 year old woman and when I woke up yesterday morning, my left pinky finger was swollen and sore. Today has been swollen and sore and aches. No sign of an insect bite or any injury. What could be causing this?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
could be insect bite only

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

It could be from some insect bite only. The bite mark could be very small to be seen. Nothing else would cause overnight swelling in just one finger.
Can you upload the image of finger?It will help me to know the cause.

Show it to a physician for a clinical examination if it is not resolving and the pain is increasing.

Continue ibuprofen till then. Take it after food or else it may cause you acidity.

Hope I have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju