What causes swelling on right side just below armpit?
Infection or abscess.
Thank you for the query.
Can you please attach a photo of it so I can give more precise answer?
Swelling and tenderness usually is caused by an inflammation or abscess. If its below the armpit where you have hairs, hair follicle inflammation and infection could cause such abscess.
Abscess should also cause hand arm pain and fever.
It is necessary to incise and drain such abscess. Please consult general surgeon.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sharp pain below ribs on right side
- What causes pain in left side right below the ribs
- What causes swelling below the knuckle of the right finger
- Discomfort on right side below ribs causes
- What causes armpit swelling
- What could cause right side of the tongue to swell
- Noticed swelling on armpit what could be causing this
- What causes water retention in body causing swelling
- What causes painful swelling of foot and knee below
- What is causing swelling and bleeding below the breast