What causes swelling in the hands and joints pain?

Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I'm waking up with swollen hands, pain in my joints and difficulty in grasping objects. I also work on my feet and I'm having horrible heal and ankle pain. Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get investigated.

Detailed Answer:
Hey,

I have read your query.

Pain, swelling etc. in joints may be due to many reasons like increase uric acid levels and rheumatoid arthritis etc.

So I advise you to get serum uric acid, RA factor, ESR,CRP and send me the report.

Till then have tab.aceclofenac100mg+serratiopeptidase15mg thrice a day by prescription of doctor as this medicine is not over the counter.

Avoid weightlifting lifting etc.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Dr.CHANDER XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng