What causes swelling in the face?
combination of an anti inflammatory pain med, anti histamine
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Swelling is part of the body's inflammatory response and it can occur in response to allergies, infection, trauma, side effect of medication etc
Though there is no pain or itching, you may want to consider treating with anti inflammatory medication solely to decrease this inflammation.
Eg a combination of an anti inflammatory pain medication and an antihistamine may help
Anti inflammatory pain meds include naproxen, ibuprofen , voltaren, etc
Antihistamines- benadryl, claritine, allegra, zyrtec
If there is no improvement or worsening occurs or swelling of the tongue,then you should see your doctor for an assessment and additional treatment.
Depending on the cause suspected, he or she may prescribe a short course of steroids if this is thought to be needed
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes breast to swell
- What causes pain in jaws and swelling in face
- What are the causes for swelling in face and eyes
- What causes swelling of the admoid
- Swelling in ears what is the cause
- What causes adenoids to swell
- What causes swelling of the tragus
- Diseases that cause face swelling
- What causes water retention in body causing swelling
- What causes scrotum to swell