What causes swelling in foot?

Dr. Alokkalyani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have recently been experiencing swelling in my left foot and ankle and night sweats. This is new just beginning about 1 week ago.
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
rule out arthritis

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query

I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today.

you need to see a rheumatologist to rule out arthritis, at present , with your history, it is not very clear whether it is after any trauma or not
although, it is too early to say but still I would like to advice to rule out arthritis (especially spondyloarthritis)

Hope this helps and provides answers to your question.
If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask me again
I wish you good health, take care
--Dr. Alok
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj