What causes suicidal thoughts after having Vyanase?

Psychiatrist
Question
Taking Fetzima, Vyvance, Xanax.
Increased thoughts about suicide, increased anxiety, lack of rational thinking, behavior
Had 2 whiskey's, couldn't walk, stand, blacked out, no recollection of actual events, increased aggressive behavior and responses. Caused domestic violence, yet I can't recall events or my specific behavior
Also smoked small amount of weed, 3 cigarettes
Have never smoked any cigarettes before in entire life
Stabbed myself in wrist with steak knife in attempt to commit suicide
What are specific effects of the above drug/medication/alcohol combination?
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vyanase is the culprit

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

Vyanase is the culprit in your case. You may be taking it for adhd or for depression but vyanase is knkwn to cause suicidal ideation and attempts as well. This side effect may come up at any stage of the illness. It is certainly not suiting you and it would be wise to bring to the notice of your psychiatrist and get it changed. Bupropion would be a good option instead of vyanase.
Further although the interaction is very complicated, it would be wise to aoid taking alcohol while on psychotropics.
If the suicidal thoughts persist, do visit ER and get yourself admitted.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.