What causes sudden pain in knee in a patient with muscular atrophy?
possibility of osteoarthritis of knee.
I have read your query.
Pain can be due to osteoarthritis of joint.
venopro vascular therapy may not work here.
I will advise you x ray and MRI of joint.
Physiotherapy like ultrasound and matrix therapy may help you.
I hope I have answered your questions. If you have further questions please feel free to contact us. I will be happy to answer. Take care.
A newer hope has come with research for atrophy VBP15
I have studied your case.
Till now there is no cure for muscular atrophy which is a progressive muscular disorder
A newer hope has come with research for atrophy VBP15, a novel anti-inflammatory and membrane-stabilizer, improves muscular atrophy without side effects
But you will have to wait till medicine comes after passing all trial.
You may consult physiotherapist for guidance. He may start TENS, or ultrasound which is helpful in your case. If required you can use orthotic supportive for improving walking.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Primary muscular atrophy
- Spinal muscular atrophy siddha
- Diagnosis of Progressive muscular atrophy
- Symptoms of Progressive muscular atrophy
- Progressive muscular atrophy causes
- Spinal muscular atrophy and menstruation
- What is prognosis for muscular atrophy
- Symptoms of spinal muscular atrophy
- Diagnosis of spinal muscular atrophy
- Spinal muscular atrophy causes
- Having carpal tunnel in hands. Feeling difficulty in bending or...
- Having hip pain due to which lack of sleep. Suffering from cough at...
- Back pain that keeps increasing with the day, have tiredness and...
- Treatment for subcentral impaction fracture and hypo plastic trochlea...
- Moveable lump on elbow since skin peeling over the area, pain on...
- On physiotherapy, taken steroid injections, symptoms seem to be...
- Consistent back pain, have sedentary working style. Tips to reduce back...
- Having tingling in upper back and numbness in arm. What should I do?
- Knee pain, sharp twinges behind knee cap, occasional difficulty in...
- Chronic hip pain, joint pains. X-ray showed heal spur, MRI showed...