question-icon

What causes sudden onset of pain in uvula?

Posted on Thu, 19 May 2016
Question: Very suddenly, (within minutes) i felt pain in my uvula before going to bed last night. It has subsided somewhat but it is now past 9 a.m. and the pain is still there. I just looked with a flashlight and I can not tell if there is anything obvious wrong by looking into my throat. Do you have any ideas what it might be? I was having a bowel movement at the time of the pain occurrence although that would seem incidental. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Tiwari (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Might be due to URTI, Take measures , Consult ENT specialist.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXX ,

Thanks for consulting Healthcare magic .
This is Dr. Priyanka Tiwari answering your query .

I have read your query and understand your concern . As far as pain in uvula region is concerned might be due to Upper respiratory tract infection . I would advise you to Do warm saline gargle 3 to 4 times a day , Avoid oily and spicy food .

You can take medicine like Tablet Fexofenadine twice daily for 5 days by consulting with local doctor .

If symptoms persists consult ENT specialist for clinical examination and evaluation .

Hope I have answered your query .
If you have further query I will be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Priyanka Tiwari

Dentist