What causes sudden onset of confusion and memory issues post angiogram?

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: my mom recently had an angiogram and while in the hospital they failed to give her Cymbalta, she is now suffering with sudden signs of alzheimers, she is confused, doesn't know where she lives, she comes in and out. The Doctors recently gave her double the dosage of cymbalta, I feel she has some sort of drug reaction.
she is currently taking duloxetine 60 mg cap, losartan, metoclopramide 5mg, metoprotol tartrate 25 mg, rantidine 150mg, we need help,not sure what is going on but I feel it's a chemical reaction in her brain.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr Mittal. I have read your message. I think I can help you.
The symptoms of the query are quite suggestive of 2 possible causes.
1. a possible delirium, which may be secondary to the nephropathy, secondary to contrast use.
2. a possible stroke due to embolisation due to procedure.
They are regular and common side effects of the procedure.
Suggest to test with a MRI BRAIN with DWI images and kidney function tests.
Medicine like Quitipine may have helpful results temporarily .
I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information contained in this message will be able to help you find the best solution for your problem.
Best of luck. Dr Mittal