What causes sudden itchy rashes throughout the body followed by painful joints?
Could be a tick-bite. Requires medical attention.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It could be due to an allergic reaction resulting from some insect-bite. I would request you to upload an image of the affected areas. It will help me to evaluate the condition.
Taking some antiallergic like Cetirizine or Benadryl (or possibly better ones like fexofenadine or Loratadine which are prescription medicines) should help. You could also apply some emollient like calamine lotion or some moisturizer like aloe vera lotion.
It is the tick bite that concerns me and the image will possibly make things clearer. It is a good thing that he has received the steroid shot(s) but possibly he needs more. I would insist you to take him to a doctor and to get him evaluated.
I would await your response based on which I will guide you further. Let me know if I could be of further assistance.
Just re read your answer forgot to include I have had him on Benadryl.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sudden body tremors
- What causes leftsided body pain
- What causes joint and muscle pain in body
- What causes sudden bruising on body
- What are the causes of body pain
- What causes persistent body pain
- What causes itchy rash on body
- What is the cause and treatment for body pain
- What causes constant body pain
- What causes overnight rash on body