What causes stinging, itchiness and crawling sensation on legs, hands and face?

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in General Health
Question: I get stings and itchiness and sometimes things crawling on my skin on legs hands and face i tested positive for hsv 1 by blood
Are symptoms because of hsv 1 ?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 44 minutes later
Possibly yes, can send a photo of your hands /feet . Otherwise get further checked by dermatologist.

Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Nothing relly showd up in my hands and feet but these are fore my forehead
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
More alike to acne than due to hsv 1...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

Thank you for providing the requested photos.

I have gone through them and I can say that they are not due to hsv 1. They seem more alike to acne; and yes, they are fastidious giving the symptoms you are having. Usually, the hsv 1 skin rash is along the trajectory of the nerve, which I did not see in the photo you provided.

Your skin might be oily and if it is hot where you stay, that will increase sweating and oil production that might result into the bumps you are experiencing.

The most important thing is to keep your skin well cleaned and to avoid foods high in calories and sugar and chocolate.

Hope it was of help! Feel free to ask me other queries you might have!
Dr.Albana
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 22 minutes later
Thank you

Then why do i feel the ice hot sensation and somtimes burning sensations that comes and go and all the other symptoms mentiond above i get them daily but not constantly they just come and go in many different part of my body its been going on for almost six days

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
HSV 1 infection needs its own time to subside;anti-viral to consider...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

Thank you for providing further data.

1. The general ice hot sensation might be related to hsv 1.

2. The skin bumps I noted in the pictures are not related to hsv 1.

3. If the test you did for hsv1 was 6 days ago, then, usually, it will require 5 to 10 days after testing positive for the symptoms to persist. This type of infection needs time to recover. Avoid alcoholic drinks and take medications as prescribed. If no medication so far, and if the symptoms are fastidious to you at the point to alter your daily activities, I advise to discuss with your doctor to start anti-viral therapy for up to 5 days.

Wish fast recovery!
Dr.Albana
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Dear dr. Sejdini

Thank you very much for answeres

The burning sensation hapens only for couples of seconds its not presistant and it changes place one time in neck others in hands few seconds later in tongue after that it may go away and i feel nothing at all so if i get that feeling do i expect to get an outbreak in all these places ?

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not thinking you'll have outbreak unless symptoms will get worse...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

The burning sensation can happen even if you are not HSV 1 positive due to many other benign causes.

In your case, if no skin rash so far in the places where you feel burning sensation, I do not think you'll have the outbreak there. Might be temporary or even over-reacting to what's happening to you.

I always advise my patients to relax, and to observe if symptoms will improve or get worse. If the symptoms will get worse, should consult with your doctor further.

Once again, I do not think you'll have outbreak, however, I still advise to observe your symptoms.

Wish fast recovery!
Dr.Albana