How cold sores can be spread?
I have read your query and understand your concern.
Although cold sore virus gets transmitted when one has an active sore on him and there is direct skin to skin touch with someone else,but it can be transmitted even if a person doesn't have any active sore on him.
This virus doesn't transmit by talking or breathing near someone.
Although the most common mode of transmission is kissing but it can spread by other means also like....
Contact with an item that has come in contact with a cold sore
Sharing napkins,towels,toothbrush,drinks,utensils etc.
Touching the sore and then touching other person
Performing oral sex with a person having active genital herpes
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to cure a red and puffy cold sore
- How to treat cold sore on lips
- Can cold sores spread
- How do you get a cold sore
- Milk of magnesia cold sores
- How to deal with cold sores in mouth
- How to overcome the cold sores
- Can anbesol cold sore cure cold sores ?
- How do kemo affect cold sores
- How to prevent cold sores from appearing
- Sudden weight gain, lower back pain. Need help
- Pressure inside ear and pain. Have herniated disk. MRI and ultrasound...
- Elevated levels of ALT and protein in urine. Should I be concerned about...
- Infant has large belly button. Is there a hernia belt appropriate for...
- Do I have type 1 or type 2 diabetes? Done C-peptide test. Want to know...
- Dark circles below eyes. Have seven hours sleep. What measures can be...
- Taking immunosuppressants for Crohn's disease. Runny nose, congestion,...
- What can get rid of bad nose smell?
- Child has fever, dizziness, red cheeks, bug bite on cheek, no head or...
- Sneezing during variance in weather in Pune. Can you please help?