Can HSV1 transmit herpes 2?
HSV 2 can not be transmitted to other individual in the absence of HSV 2.
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for posting your query.
Somebody who has HSV 1 infection can transmit HSV 2 also if he has both types of infection (even in the absence of symptoms).
If that individual has HSV 1 alone he can not transmit HSV 2 infection to his partner.
You have to understand that HSV1 can be transmitted to partner's genitals through oral sex.
I am not able to understand the second part of your question..
Feel free to ask if your doubts are not clear.
Early HSV 2 can be transmitted before test becomes positive.
Yes, absolutely correct. When her boy friend has HSV 1 infection only and no HSV 2 infection, then her HSV 2 infection is unlikely to get transmitted from him.
But one another possibility is there.
Early HSV 2 infection of her boyfriend (window period), serological tests yet to get established, can be transmitted to her.
Dr S Murugan
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Genital herpes non sexually transmitted
- Genital herpes hsv 1 symptoms
- Hsv 1 transmitted through breathing
- Hsv 1 2 igg ab to herpes simplex virus serum by clia
- Is herpes a transmitted disease
- Non sexually transmitted herpes
- Hsv-1 genital herpes
- Transmitting herpes from women to men
- How is herpes transmitted and what are the symptoms
- Partner having genital herpes hsv1 is it curable