Do condoms provide 100% protection against HIV?

Question
Hi Doctor.. my name is simith on 26th oct I had sex with my girlfriend. I was protected my comdom for most of the time. While I was down and the girl was up my condom went inside her.. I thik I was unprotected for 1 min or so . My girlfriend had 1 boyfriend before me 2 months ago she tested negative for hiv. After that time she had that boyfriend recently I tested positive for hsv1 igg 5.72 my fear is can I get hiv from this act? And after 14 day I tested negative for western blot test..I know that this is not the window time..
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Risky act with risky people

Detailed Answer:

At the outset the act may not be transmitting virus truly. But for all thereotically purposes we term it risky and you may be lucky to get away with it without passing virus.
Since your girlfriend did not test positive for HIV that is good but there is high chances such people would be playing with fire having more than one relationship at a time.
Second if you have HSV1 the HIV is easy to transmit in such persons, so do not take risk. I know you had IgG which is good but be careful with polygamous relationships.
You can get the ELISA test after 15 days for HIV to prove that you are negative for HIV.