What causes stiffness of leg and swollen foot?

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Posted on Thu, 8 May 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I had stiffness in my left leg Wednesday evening. Thursday morning the stiffness was gone and replaced by swelling and pain in my left foot near right toe area I meant to say the pain is in my left toe area
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: could be arthritis. Detailed Answer: Hello, This seems like an arthritis affecting your toe joint. You need to check your bloods for uric acid, and other tests for arthritis in case this problem persists or spreads to other joints. As of now you could take an anti-inflammatory for this problem and apply ice pack on the inflamed joint. Let me know if you have more doubts. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj