What causes stabbing pain in lower leg?
Can be due to many causes.
Thanks for posting your query.
A constant pain in lower leg can be due to-
1. Calf muscle strain and tear - Usually due to overwork and overstretching of the muscles. Recent increase in leg exercises may cause these. Gradual increase in exercise and pain killers with mild anti inflammatory drugs can help in reducing the symptoms.
2. Prolonged intake of hormonal therapy like oral pills might cause this.
3. Muscle ischaemia- associated with diabetes usually. There is acute pain associated with it.
4. Deep vein thrombosis- comes last among the list of probable diagnosis.
You may get the initial physical examination, relevant tests and treatment done under care of 'Orthopaedician'.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause stabbing pain in the lower head
- What causes severe stabbing pain under the sternum
- Stabbing pain in arms and legs
- Cause for stabbing pain in the head
- Stabbing pain causes
- What causes stabbing pains in my eye sockets
- Severe stabbing pain in groin what is causing this
- What causes stabbing pain in vaagina
- Stabbing pain in lower leg
- What could cause stabbing pain on abdomen and shoulder