What causes small pimples on vagina?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I have these small looking pimples on my vagina and I thought they were bug bites, but then more appeared. Help me please. I also currently have a uti if that helps. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need some more information from you ma'am

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query and images with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help.

If you do not mind I would like to know a little more before I can actually comment on the most likely cause ma'am. They are:
-Are you sexually active? If yes, is your partner a known or unknown person?
-The current urinary tract infection is the first time you got an infection or have you experienced the same before
-Are you currently on treatment for the infection? if yes, what are the names of the medications?
-Have you recently shaved the affected region (the vagina and around)?
-Do you have any vaginal discharge? if yes, what colour is it and do you have any odour from the vagina?
-When exactly did the bumps appear? When did you last shave the affected region prior to the appearance of the bumps?

I would greatly appreciate your kind response to my questions. But in the meantime, please apply warm compresses the the affected region several times a day and continue with sitz baths (along with epsom salt) if possible 2-3 times a day ma'am.

I am sure everything will soon be fine ma'am. Do not worry ma'am.

Best wishes.
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 36 minutes later
Yes, I am sexually active and only with my boyfriend of 1 year.
This is my 3rd UTI and no, I'm not taking any medication at the time. I'm just trying to get rid of with natural remedies.
I haven't shaved in 3 days.
And my vaginal discharge is white. On Monday, so 4 day ago.

Thank you so much .
Brief Answer:
Folliculitis;that and UTI need antibiotic coverage

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again ma'am and thank you so much for that information.

In my opinion, this is most probably due to the act of shaving which has resulted in irritation of one or more hair follicles resulting in a condition called folliculitis. Folliculitis is treated with hot compresses, sitz baths with epsom salt and the use of antibiotics.

As you also quite clearly have a urinary tract infection, I would strongly advice you to visit a doctor to get evaluated and initiated with a course of antibiotics which will not only help treat the urinary tract infection, but also the folliculitis. This means that both your conditions will be treated with one form of treatment.

I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 minutes later
What is a sitz bath? And as for the rest okay. Thank you very much .
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Mild or XXXXXXX bath with warm water

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again ma'am.

A sitz bath is a kind of bath in which an individual sits in warm water only from about his/her waist till above the mid-thigh region. Generally immersing their genitalia and anal opening in the warm water. This helps to reduce inflammation and irritation, and when epsom salt is added it helps to disinfect as well.

I hope this is clear ma'am. I am really happy to know I could help you. Please do not ever hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always available to help.

Best wishes.