What causes sleeplessness, mood swings and exhaustion?

Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai

Endocrinologist

Posted on Tue, 14 Oct 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I WORK AS LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER AND I FEEL LIKE I AM DYING EVERY DAY. I HAVE AN ESTROGEN LEVEL OF 116 AND I CANT TAKE THE LACK OF SLEEP THE FORGETFULLNESS THE MOOD SWINGS THE EXHAUSTION AND THE SWEATS WHICH ARE ALL DAY LONG. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET RID OF THIS?
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could you attach the estrogen report?

Detailed Answer:
Good day.
Noted your concern. Primarily sounds like menopausal symptoms. However we need to know the estrogen and FSH levels to confirm it. You did the estrogen levels, but not the units. If possible please attach the report. I would strongly recommend to get a thyroid function test, CBC and an EGG as well.
Binu
Follow up: Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 1 minute later
GOOD AFTERNOON DOCTOR FUNNY YOU MENTIONED THE THYROID TEST AS I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT MY THYROID RESULTS WERE ABNORMAL I FORGOT THE LEVEL BUT I SHALL RETAKE BLOOD TESTS THIS COMING FRIDAY AT DR. STANTONS OFFICE AND SHALL GIVE YOU THOSE LEVELS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
hi

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the reply. That would be very helpful. It is recommended to do a FSH level along with Estrogen levels. Make sure you do them in the morning between 7 to 9 am on empty stomach