What causes sleep apnea and pain in torso of a person on Primox

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: I had a postherptic nerulogiaa on left flank. Which went off by taking medicine primox. But now a day on right side flank or torso I am experiencing pain. Also in right leg all over. It's limited to right side only. tingling sensation on legs while applying pressure .I feel tremors while sleeping. It's not constant but it comes and goes. Urine test, blood test, ultrasound are normal.

I am on with vitamin d3 and primox.

Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Addition of pregabalin will help

Detailed Answer:

I can understand your concern.

You seem to have an incomplete response to Primox.

This is a relapse of PHN

This can be treated with an inclusion of a drug called pregabalin(an analgesic anticonvulsant).This drug has central effects on pain modulation and can cause a statistically significant reduction in pain severity scores.

I generally recommend oral tablets of Pregabalin for 1-2 weeks.Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe them to you.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.

Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 hours later
Thanks for your response. I have PHN on left flank before 1 year. but I am experiencing pain on right flank with those symptoms. Tingling sensation on legs. Only Right leg pain with flank pain.
Is it possible that PHN can develop on both sides?
Shall I continue with primox?
I am doubting sciatica nerve involvement.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
The possibility of sciatica is little, but can still exist.

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern.

Yes, PNH can develop on both sides.

You can continue with Primox as of now.

The possibility of sciatica can be ruled out if you can get an MRI of the lumbar spine.This will help to rule out nerve disorder.

Thank you.