What causes skin numbness in right thigh?
Meralgia paresthetica/Blood sugar/Nerve conduction studies/Vitamin B12
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.
If you would have presented to me as an outpatient,with this complaint,I would have told you that this is probably 'Meralgia paresthetica' and would have advised to undergo 'Nerve conduction studies' of lower limbs to evaluate the same.
Further,you should also rule out Diabetes.So,please get a 'fasting blood sugar' and 'post-prandial blood sugar' done.
Considering your vegan diet,you should also be screened for vitamin B12 deficiency,which can also be a cause of such symptoms.So,please get serum vitamin B12 levels done.
Meanwhile,multivitamins supplementation can be started, especially incorporating vitamin B12.In addition,antineuralgic medicines like pregabalin or Gabapentin can be started under a physician's supervision.
Hope it helps.If you have some further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for neuralgia on right side of face
- Suggest treatment for pain in head along with knee pain and locking
- Suggest treatment for numbness in arms and legs
- What causes left-sided twitching on face and eye?
- What causes shaky hands and head?
- Suggest treatment to regenerate the femoral nerve damaged by a haemorrage
- What causes chronic sense of fullness in head and tenderness of scalp?
- What causes sore and stiff neck along with blurry vision?
- What causes difficulty in speech along with high BP?
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of burning feet syndrome