What causes skin discoloration on vagina and anus?

Dermatologist
Question
Have a skin discoloration on vaginal and anus that looks lie vitgilio whitish patches doesn't really itch I noticed it after using poise pads what can I do
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to differentiate vitiligo from lsa

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
Since you have noticed whitish discoloration over your genitals, I would like to tell you that loss of pigment over this region makes us think of two possibilities . One is vitiligo and the second is lichen sclerosus et atrophicus.
It is important to differentiate between the two conditions. A mere look at the exact skin condition can help sometimes and in some cases a skin biopsy is required.
I would like to know whether you have seen a dermatologist in personal earlier, since you are applying a steroid cream.
A loss of itching goes more in favor of vitiligo which is a relatively harmless condition, other than the cosmetic concern.
Please tell since when do you have this problem?
Is there just no associated itching or discomfort?

Dr Geetika Paul