What causes shortness of breath, weight gain and high BP?
It could be
although a big weight gain (40 lbs) could definitely cause such symptoms, investigation is warranted to exclude more serious conditions like heart or lung problems. Judging from your age, these problems seem unlikely but they have to be excluded particularly if they occurred all of a sudden.
A more gradual appearance of the symptoms is more compatible with weight gain. A careful clinical examination could be sufficient to exclude most common causes. An echo might be needed for the assessment of the cardiac function.
I hope I've helped!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes high bp and kidney problems
- What causes persistent high bp
- What causes high bp despite taking fosonopril
- What causes persistent high bp during pregnancy
- High bp prescribed eritel-40 what is the cause
- What causes high bp
- What causes weird headaches and high bp
- What causes high bp and slow heart rate
- What causes high bp how to lower it
- What causes rib pain with high bp