What causes shortness of breath, dizziness and fatigue in a 72 year male?
I would recommend performing some tests:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
I carefully read your question and would explain that shortness of breath (also called dyspnea) during physical exertion in diabetic patients, is equivalent to myocardial ischemia (as chest pain is not a typical sign in these patients).
I would recommend consulting with your attending physician for a careful physical exam and some tests:
- a resting ECG
- a cardiac ultrasound
- a cardiac stress test
- a chest X ray study
- some blood lab tests (complete blood count, blood electrolytes, fasting glucose, HbA1C, kidney and liver function tests, cardiac enzymes, blood lipid profile).
If clinical evidence of cardiac ischemia is present during exercise cardiac stress test the next step to be followed is coronary angiography.
Hope to have been helpful!
Feel free to ask any other questions whenever you need!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cough swollen ankles shortness of breath dizziness
- Shortness of breath dizziness period
- Feeling of naseau shortness of breath dizziness
- Exhaustion shortness of breath dizziness
- Rib pain shortness of breath dizziness
- Gym shortness of breath dizzy
- Low resting heart rate shortness of breath dizziness
- Short breath dizzy fatigue mouth salty taste
- Shortness of breath dizziness hot
- Sudden fatigue shortness of breath dizziness