question-icon

What causes sharp pain under the left ribs while bending down?

Posted on Fri, 29 Jul 2016
Question: Two days ago I got a sharp pain under my left ribs when I bent over.I had it when I straightened up .I sat down and it went away but I looked a bit pale.Tthis morning My jaw feels like I have a tooth ache - my right jaw.My right upper abdomen near my left ribs feels a bit achy.My appetite isn't great.I feel full though I haven't much eaten.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
You need to get your heart checkup as soon as possible

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,

I have studied your case and I think that you might be having pain due to cardiac problem. As you are saying that the pain is going in left rib cage and left jaw so I would suggest you to take one Ibuprufen tablet and then go to the emergency as soon as possible. Even if it is normal ECG still you might need a thorough cardiac evaluation including angiography. Chances are more high if you have heart problem or Diabetes.

So again I would suggest you to go to emergency as soon as possible. I hope this answer will be useful for you. Let me know if their is any other followup questions.

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement