What causes sharp pain in right hip while standing?
May be either muscular or arthritis. Treatment is the same.
Thank you for posting your question to HCM,
From what you are describing it looks either a muscular pain, or a hip joint pain- arthritis, or can also be both.
The difference between one and the other in while you touch the muscle or the joint line, you will have pain respectively.
Treatment for both cases will be the same...with pain killers, that lower the inflammation.
--In general I recommend to my patients Ibuprofen 400-600 mg 3 times/day for 1-2 weeks.
-- If muscles are painful, then using analgesic creams 3-4 times/day may be helpful.
-- Try to keep moving as much as you can, and stop when you feel the pain. Bed rest is not recommended.
I hope this is helpful. Let me know if you need any more clarification. Otherwise please close and rate the question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes short sharp pain while urinating
- What causes sharp pains in uterus
- What cause of sharp pains in the head
- What causes sharp pains in bones
- What causes sharp pain in nipples
- What causes sharp pain in spleen
- What could be cause of sharp pain on right ear
- What causes sharp pain in wrist
- What causes sharp pain in right ear
- What causes sharp pain in lower gut and hips