What causes severe vomiting and diarrhoea despite being on Pantaprozole?
Untreated gastroenteritis most likely.
Most likely you are suffering from Gastroenteritis. It is an intestinal infection marked by diarrhoea, cramps, nausea, vomiting and fever.
However, it's not necessary that all symptoms are there in a single patient.
Depending on the cause, viral gastroenteritis symptoms may appear within one to three days after you're infected and can range from mild to severe.
Symptoms usually last just a day or two, but occasionally they may persist as long as 10 days.
As these things in your case are going on from many weeks I would suggest, to do an abdominal ultrasound, faecal examination for ova/parasites, faeces occult blood, leucocytes in faeces, and complete blood profile.
It can be a bacterial or protozoal infection in your case.
Antibiotic and Antiprotozoal course should be taken for 7 days-
Tab Ofloxacin 200 mg twice a day(9a.m-9 p.m)
Tab Metronidazole 400 mg twice daily(9a.m-9p.m)
A probiotic once daily.
You would need a prescription.
Take Electral solution.
Take light food.
Follow up with reports.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
It does not mean that you are reinfected rather it means that infection is not treated properly do its occurring again and again.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Ramesh Kumar, Gastroenterologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe vomiting with stomach pain what is causing it
- Baby having vomitting diarrhoea nappy rash due to teething
- Child with severe vomiting what to do
- Vomiting diarrhoea pricking sensation in fingers abdominal pain treatment options
- What could cause severe vomiting after intake of impetigo medicines
- Severe vomiting causes
- Does promethazine 25mg help in vomiting diarrhoea
- Fever vomiting diarrhoea tylenol stomach virus diet and treatment
- Child having vomitting diarrhoea lost apetite prescribed medicines suggestions
- Vomiting diarrhoea severe leg pain what it could be