• question-icon

What causes severe vaginal pain while urinating?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I have a severe vaginal pain in the area while I'm peeing, and the pain goes up too the lower abdomen I guess. I also have burning and itching sensation. What's must be the treatment for the same
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Urine infection likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
It looks like you are suffering from a urinary tract infection which is quite common.

I would advice you to do the following

1. Seek medical attention as soon as possible for a urine routine and culture along with complete blood count and an ultrasound scan of the renal system including Prostate.
2. You will have to be put on antibiotics. Most commonly a Fluroquinolone like Tab Levofloxacin for 14 days followed by a repeat urine routine.
3. If the urine grows an organism the antibiotic can be changed to what that organism is sensitive to.
4. Drink plenty of water
5. Use protection during intercourse and your partner should undergo a urine routine as well.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN