• question-icon

    What causes severe vaginal pain while urinating?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I have a severe vaginal pain in the area while I'm peeing, and the pain goes up too the lower abdomen I guess. I also have burning and itching sensation. What's must be the treatment for the same
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Urine infection likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
It looks like you are suffering from a urinary tract infection which is quite common.

I would advice you to do the following

1. Seek medical attention as soon as possible for a urine routine and culture along with complete blood count and an ultrasound scan of the renal system including Prostate.
2. You will have to be put on antibiotics. Most commonly a Fluroquinolone like Tab Levofloxacin for 14 days followed by a repeat urine routine.
3. If the urine grows an organism the antibiotic can be changed to what that organism is sensitive to.
4. Drink plenty of water
5. Use protection during intercourse and your partner should undergo a urine routine as well.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Rakhi Tayal


Practicing since :2001

Answered : 13800 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Vaginal pain

doctor1 MD

Is white discharge normal? I see that on most days.

doctor1 MD

Hi dr am 36 weeks pregnant and feel pains in my virginal pls help

doctor1 MD

daughter has extreme pain in the vaginal area. tissue around vagina is black. she has a fever of 102cp. can you tell me what is wrong?

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am 26 yrs old i am 5 1 and weight 95 to100 lbs. I am currantly three weeks late on my period. i have had my tubes tied for 5 yrs now. I had a...

doctor1 MD

Hi my names Abby. I have a few questions.well me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex a few weeks back. 2 days after, I got my period. It was a...

doctor1 MD

I m having severe vaginal pain. I visited my GYN-OB and he requested and ultrasound. The report states that I have what is called free pelvic fluid...

doctor1 MD

Sir/Madam, I got my periods on 8th July and I had an unsafe sexual intercourse on 14th July, I took unwanted 72 within 24hrs. I got my periods...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

177 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Rakhi Tayal
  • Q - Sex after candid v3 treatment

  • Q - What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?

  • Q - What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?

  • Q - What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?

  • Q - Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...

  • Q - Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?

  • Q - Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy

  • Q - Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...

  • Q - Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...

  • Q - What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...