Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Suggest remedies for pain in and around the vagina

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 1564 Questions
daughter has extreme pain in the vaginal area. tissue around vagina is black. she has a fever of 102cp. can you tell me what is wrong?
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more details

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear and thanks for your query to healthcare magic.

I have read your question carefully and understand your concern.
To help you I will need more details
When was her last menstrual period?
Is she sexually active?
Did she have any trauma?

Please type all answers of these questions and try to send a picture of the affacted area and I will try to help her.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest remedies for pain in and around the vagina 2 hours later
Last me steal period was about two weeks ago. No sexual activity and no trauma
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
She should see a doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear again!

If she isn't sexually active and she haven't any trauma,high body temperature and black tissue around vagina can be due to any infection.
As you describe it can be a cellulitis(Cellulitis is a bacterial infection of the skin and tissues beneath the skin.Staphylococcus and Streptococcus are the types of bacteria that are usually responsible for cellulitis)
If she continue with high body temperature and vaginal pain even if she is used antibiotics ,she should see a doctor because she may need an intravenous antibiotics treatment

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor