What causes severe radiating pain in lower back, abdomen and chest?
I have severe constant lower back pain since last 7 days which spread to abdomen and even bit to chest. I thought it could be gastro since i hardly drink water and have odd food timings. After 1 week showed to doctor and was recommended ecg and whole abdomen ultra sound. Ecg was clear. Abdomen showed mild to moderate liquid in XXXXXXX pouch. Blood test and urine routine are normal.
Gynaecologist said it does not seem like i have PID ( basis above tests and no physical exam). Gave me hoslistic treatment and told to take pantocid twice, Tex OZ twice for 5 days and also Cansoft cl once fot 3 days. I took these since 2.5 days now but hardly any relief in back ache.. Abdomen pain is better and was never constant anyways.
I just noticed an odd blood clot (reddish) on my left hand just now today. Am very worried whats wrong with me.
Some extra details. I started using tampoons since past 2 mnths and this month period ended a week before all this pain started. I forgot tampoon inside my vagina for a day this time also.
Sexual history: i have only one partner and am almost certain he did not venture out. Also, i last had any physical intimacy only in Dec..not after that.
Also, in Dec i did take tablets to delay period and also to lessen the period flow when i got periods even after taking tablets.
Could you please help me understand what could be wrong with me. Is the sudden blood clot anything to worry? Also, i get hot flashes very frequently though i am only 30( but my mums periods stopped when she was 38). Is this normal at 30?
Kindly upload an Image
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I have read your question and I have also reviewed the reports, which seem normal.
I request you to kindly upload an Image of the skin lesion (?blood clot) as well, so that I am able to guide you better.
1. Could you please help me in identifying what i am suffering from - since i have severe back ache and also abdomen pain. Is it PID?
2. I got my Vitamind D test results today and count is 10. Is that too bad? What can i do to increase it?
3. Do i need to abstain from physical intimacy with my partner in case you think this is some kind of sexual infection.
4. Is this problem something that maybe a gynaecologist or orthopaedic should look at? If so, could my question be passed. Sorry I am not sure!
Supplement vit D; test for urine infection; start an empirical antibiotic
Sure, its a bruise. May be due to unnoticed trauma. Should resolve in a few days. You may take a Vitamin C supplement once daily (Chewable tablet Celin Or tablet Limcee).
Your vitamin D is on the lower side. This could be a reason for back pain. Normal levels should be more than 20 ng/ml. I suggest you to take a XXXXXXX of Calcirol 60000 IU once every week with milk for 3-6 months.
This does'nt seem like PID as USG and blood tests are not suggestive of infection. Moreover you did'nt complain of any vaginal discharge or fever.
This could be due to urine infection. You may take a blood test for urine routine microscopy and Urine cuture.
I suggest you to continue with pantocid, twice daily on empty stomach. I would suggest an Oral antibiotic e.g Tablet Ciprofloxacin-TZ, twice daily for 5 days.
It would be better to avoid intercourse though this does'nt seem like a PID.
Need to go for a personal physical exam with either a gynecologist Or a general sugeon, if the pain is acute.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of Severe radiating pain
- What causes radiating pain and tingling in thighs and legs
- Symptoms of Severe radiating pain
- Severe radiating pain causes
- Radiating pain from jaw to back
- What causes radiating pain in chest when suffering from bronchitis
- What causes radiating pain in the upper quadrant of abdomen
- Drugs/medication for Severe radiating pain
- Welt on back with radiating pain
- Treatment and cure for Severe radiating pain