question-icon

What causes severe pain in rectum after urination?

Posted on Tue, 1 Apr 2014
Question: I have sever pain in my rectum. I had a colonoscopy and a c scan both were negative. It starts as a burning pain after urinating but becomes a throubbing pain when I lay down.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma (1 hour later)
Brief Answer: can be prostitis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to HCM. This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. The pain as described by you can be prostitis....infection of your prostrate gland...which is common at your age. You need to get a blood routine and a urine routine test and a culture of your prostatic secreations...but for the later you need to see a urologist first...if the test are positive, then he will start you on antibiotics and antiinflammatory drugs. Hope, that i have answered to all your queries. If you have further queries, i will be glad to answer them. Get well soon. Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Ashish Verma

General Surgeon